Sunday, 7 October 2012
It Should Be December.
Hello!
It's been a while, again. I know not many people read this but to those who do, I'm sorry for your lack of Kat posts.
So I started a new job about (exactly) 7 weeks ago now and as mental and as stressful as it has been I am loving it. Considering my plans for the future it is the best thing possible for me now, I just need to make sure I don't put all that well earned overtime into New Look. Though I do desperately need a winter coat. I love that I am able to say that now; autumn and winter are my all time favourite months, and these dark nights and cold mornings make me very happy. I suppose this is because I associate the seasons with home. Autumn will always remind me of long walks at Haddo House with my mum and my sister, collecting conkers and playing poo sticks, and winter is all about cosiness and cups of tea, planning Christmas and it being socially acceptable to stay in on a Saturday night. But as much as I love these seasons and the months that are to come I can't help but feel more homesick than I have in the past two and a half years. Every morning on my way to work I look at the departures board at the London train and think to myself 'fuck it, let's go'. A year and a half ago it would have almost have been possible, but with the ever increasing rail fares and the fact that I actually have a job now it's unlikely it will ever happen (although I just googled how far the airport is from my work, totally walking distance!). I suppose I'm slightly shocked that after all this time of living 363 miles away from my family I still get this gloomy and homesick. But anyway, when I do eventually go home this winter it'll be worth it. I have a weekend planning at the beginning of December to see my fabulous soldier of a sister off as she enters basic training (so proud!) and then two weeks at Christmas. We just need December to come by super quickly! (all you scrooges out there, mince pies are on sale right now, go get festive!).
So sappy homesick chat aside, I am so baffled at how people can hate Christmas? I know it's still 2 months away and it is still slightly early but come on! Hats, scarves, gloves, the red cups at Starbucks, toffee nut lattes, personalised Christmas trees, present shopping, occasional snowstorms, wellies, cosy coats, 'It's a Wonderful Life', writing the cards... everything! It's my favourite time of year, and I have a few special presents planned this year, so am starting them now. This has been a really pointless blog about winter but I think I'm just very excitable.
So apart from admiring beautiful coats that make my bank balance cry and making mental lists of what to I need to get sorted for Christmas there really isn't a lot to report. It is now officially six months until I leave Aberdeen (though I think with everything that's going on I may be staying til July, but we'll see!) and I'm excited and stressed by everything I still need to organise. This being said, thinking about my leaving party is a favourite daydream of mine now.
Until I actually start having an interesting life, I'm off again. Though I'm am considering turning this into a baking blog... hmmm...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment