Wednesday, 7 January 2015

January

*i wrote this last month but decided against publishing it as I wasn't ready at that time to speak out about my anxiety and what I'd been going through (and still am). Reading it back, it really made me smile, so I've decided to publish it without updating it (I.e we went to Poland and are now back, sadly.) So yeah... Enjoy?* 

Yo readers! I may only have 5 followers but I know there's more than that, I read my stats yo. So I'm writing this on the way to work at 7.30am. It's an evil time. It's cold, it's dark, and the bus is packed with kids. Joys of commuting. 

So basically the main reason for this blog is to an update, as I'm ever conscious that I went from regular updates in Poland to radio silence with a couple of 'I hate reality' posts. The thing is, since July life has changed considerably. 

In this day and age it's easy to look at Facebook and Twitter and assume that everything is hunky dory with your friends. And don't get me wrong, things are pretty amazing when you stand back and take a look, but things got a little dark for a while there during our final months of 2014. I felt things closing in, panicked that I was failing because I wasn't as far along with things as my friends are. That I was still in a job making ends meet rather than seeing my salary as a bonus after a day of simply doing what I love. 
Going into Leeds became a chore, social outings became a struggle. I was constantly aware of myself and worrying about how I was being perceived by others. I was on the verge of tears everyday and just couldn't lift myself. At one point I felt like my head was turning against me. But then, as if by magic, the cloud lifted and the days became easier, after one little change; and I took a step back on New Year's Eve and looked at what 2014 had given me and felt overwhelmingly grateful and determined to get back to the mindset I was in at the end of 2013. Not a bad brain to go into a new year with I say. 
Despite these revelations I have realised that anxiety is something which I've always had, I just didn't know it. I used to get panic attacks when I lived up north, but assumed it was 'just a phase'. They stopped when I moved here and started doing all these exciting things but the feelings that were causing this were still there. It's just something in going to deal with forever. But I'm kinda ok with that, I'm just seeing it as the curse of having a brilliant mind. Cause yeah, my mind's totes brillopads. I went there. 
What I've established about the past couple of years is that if 2013 was my year of figuring out who I am, then 2014 was about figuring out who I'm not. Here I was going to list everything I'm not, but I've decided against it. I've dwelled on these things too much, now it's time to focus on what I discovered in 2013 and embrace it. 2015 is the year of adventures and using everything I know in a positive and hopefully inspiring way. 

So now that that bit's off my chest here's the update. Between August and December 2014 I went on some awesome adventures, saw the North Sea again (I never thought I'd romanticise the North Sea), saw family, friends, and fell in love. That last bit has been an amazing whirlwind. We're going to Poland next month for our first bit of travelling together and I'm so excited. 
So instead of boring you further here are some photos from the last few months with the people that I love. 

One last thing though... Some of you may notice I’ve changed my blog’s tagline to “what happens after the dream come true”. I think the answer to that is another one. And then another, and another. Life doesn’t begin and end with one dream, good things happen constantly, and it’s hardly much of a dream come true if you revert back to your doldrums at the end of it. I mean, at the end of the day, we are still yet to experience some of the best days of our lives. How exciting is that?!






No comments:

Post a Comment