Wednesday, 29 June 2011

June Bug.

To say a ridiculous amount of awesome things have happened this month is an understatement. So many that this is going to be a long blog. I was waiting to blog about Rockness and all the other shows I have been lucky enough to see and lots happened in between. So be prepared for a long long blog (if you read it all, thank you and mega kudos, I'll give you a present...)
SO numbero uno. I FINALLY GOT A JOB! It's at a bar/bistro called Cocoa and is only part time right now so I am still really struggling for cash but it's something for now and it's good fun :)
Numbero dos- I GOT A NEW FLAT! It's cheap rent, cheap council tax, two double bedrooms, in a good location. AND IT HAS A SHARED GARDEN! So stay tuned for BBQ news! Lease is until next May but depending on what happens I may be able to get out of it in January.
I've started seriously planning my business venture but there are still lots to do with that so I am not going to let much on right now. I'm still kind of on the fence about it if I am honest.

ANYWAY!!! I realised I haven't told any of you guys (if anyone actually reads this - if you do, let me know!) about Rockness! And that is because after Rockness came a couple of other amazing gigs. It definitely has been the month for music (and sexy Irish men).
So I don't really know what to say about Rockness other than it was awesome, I behaved myself, and saw some INCREDIBLE artists. I got to see Sons and Daughters again (wooooooo) and also one of my all time favourite songs being performed (Let's Dance To Joy Division - The Wombats). It was brilliant, and I definitely have festival fever now! We spent the weekend drinking Frosty Jacks and I developed a taste for beer without feeling like I wanted to puke afterwards.  

 A pretty picture of Reah and I :)

 This freaked the frick out of me but the Chemical Brothers were all kind of awesome!

 The Wombats <3 I've never loved them more.
And finally, after never being much of a fan before I fell in love with Paolo Nutini after seeing him live. The atmosphere was amazing and so was he. Converted!

AND THEN! I went to see my favourite comedian ever the next week. Dylan Moran! He started the gig by saying "You know what Aberdeen needs? More grey. I don't know what it is". I went with my friend Susan which is sort of a tradition for us. I have now seen him three times and I really hope there is a fourth! He was brilliant.  That is all.

and THEN! My friend had a spare ticket to BON FRIGGING JOVI at Murrayfield and I GOT TO GO!!! :D There are no words. They were amazing, definitely something to put on your bucket list! The atmosphere was truly incredible and I have been having a proper listening fest to them since.
Above we see Mr Jon Bon Jovi :)
However, one of the best parts of the road trip was my first ever bacon butty from the Horn. I decided I hadn't lived before I had it. When I learn to drive I will be road tripping it there regularly.

And so with all that this blog comes to a close. June is almost over and July brings graduation, a ball, a new flat and quite a few very sad goodbyes :( but onwards and upwards my amigos!
Life is pretty amazing let's be honest here!

Peace out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment