I'm not going to beat around the bush with this one guys; life's short,
and you only get one. Over the past couple of months this has been
consistently reminded to me, and every time it does it gets harder to
comprehend.
We spend so much of our life worrying, and planning, and waiting. I sometimes think that we forget to live. As I discuss the future and what I want mine to be I am being constantly told that I am 'still young' and 'have a lifetime ahead of me'. Well I'm sorry to get morbid here, but what if I don't? I am all for enjoying life and living for the moment, but where do we draw the line? I am getting closer to a definitive decision on what I do next in life, next step is deciding when. I think for the most part I don't want to spend my life waiting for someday, and get too used to waiting. So much so that I never do it. I also don't want to spend so much time thinking and worrying about all this that it consumes me. I just want to live.
It seems to me that life is made by the people we have around us, and I think one of our main goals in life should be spending and enjoying our time with those most important to us. We affect other people's lives more than we ever realise, even people we only know for a day, a week, or just in passing; but it's those relationships, even the slightest ones that mould our lives into what they are, and what they can be. Having ambition is good, but our successes in life and work and education would be nothing without the people we have celebrating and experiencing it all with us.
Time passes quickly and we only have a short time on this planet, and with the people in our lives, and so I think we need to find a balance between living for the moment, living for our loved ones, and living for our future.
However you find your balance I hope you manage to spend everyday with a smile on your face, because I have finally realised that life is way too short and fragile not to love as many moments of it as physically possible.
Find your balance, find your love, and find a way to leave a bloody good legacy behind you.
For you. To our good days, let's forget the rough ones. You will be sorely missed. Much love E.L. ♥
No comments:
Post a Comment